Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wednesday Successes

Happy Thursday everyone!  Wednesday was a good day for me.  I have a twice monthly appointment up in Roseville and it's not until 5:30 so being that I get off work at 4, I usually have an hour or so to kill at least.  There is a Trader Joe's a mile or 2 away from where my appointment is so yesterday I thought, what the hell, I'll go in and get a couple of my obsessions of the moment which I will include in a separate post like my Tea post yesterday. 

One thing you'll probably find out about me from this blog is that I am a "Trader Joe'saholic" or whatever you so choose to call it.  I am OBSESSED with TJ's.  I am always learning about awesome new things they have there.  I am still weary and read labels, and if I can help it, I don't get produce from outside of the US, preferably California, which is why I love going to the farmer's market, I just haven't been around enough to actually GO.  It's on Sundays every week rain or shine but I have been in the Bay Area a lot for different family issues for the last couple of years.  Hopefully I will be able to stay home more often in the near future.

Breakfast was very good and filling.  I had 2 pieces of Sara Lee's light 45 calorie wheat bread toasted with 1 tsp total butter (3 points+), a piece of chili egg puff (5 points+), 2 pieces of ready cook bacon (1 point+), and a huge container of blueberries that I snacked on throughout the morning (Free!).  All of that for a total of 9 points+ which would have given me a heart attack in the past!  I wanted to save as many Godforsaken points as I could possibly save which in turn would starve me and wasn't healthy I'm sure.  I find that I am less moody too with a good breakfast.  I just need to find some more portable egg recipes. 

Around 10:30 or so, I got a little hungry again and had some beef jerky, a laughing cow sun dried tomato mozzarella cheese with 8 Sociable crackers for a total of 6 P+ before going on my 20 minute morning walk.  I ended up walking a mile for 2 activity points.

I went to Panera for lunch with my friend from work. I had the you pick two with my absolute favorite salad, their Asian Chicken Salad which has romaine lettuce, slivered almonds, marinated chicken breast, wonton pieces, and a low sugar vinaigrette (5 points+), and their garden vegetable soup which is 2 points+.  You get to choose a side too and I was a good girl and got an apple when I could have gotten a piece of their french baguette which I LOVE. 

After work, I drove straight to Roseville and walked through Trader Joe's for a while.  I believe it's pretty impressive when you end up spending $65 in Trader Joe's an only fill up 1 bag! I might have set some sort of record there!  They are usually cheap, but I ended up getting some things that really added up, including a bag each of roasted almonds, roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds), dried cranberries, and dried blueberries, 100% cranberry juice, multi-vitamins, 2 boxes of tea (one for my friend at work), beef jerky, crackers, and cheese.

Once I was done there, I sat in the parking lot in front of my appointment place and read.  My stomach felt empty so I thought, I better have a snack.  With 10 points+ left, I ended up having 2 of the cheese squares and a serving (8 crackers & 3 P+) of my new favorite crackers which I will mention in the TJ's post. All of that stayed with me for over 2 hours!  I was stunned!  It was GOOOOOD too! I ate another piece of my chili egg puff for dinner since I had 5 P+ left.  I also treated myself to a sample bar they handed out at Weight Watchers.  It was a dark chocolate turtle mini bar for 2P+, and it was pretty good.

Well that was my day, I do have pictures of some of the things I ate, but they are on my iPod so I will have to edit this post to add them later!

No comments:

Post a Comment