Thursday, January 6, 2011

Onto Day Two and Preparing for the Weekend

Another successful day!  Didn't workout today.  I should have, but I just didn't.  I'll get into it I just haven't slept very well this week.  I had the breakfast burrito again and this time I added 2 tablespoons of shredded 2% cheese.  It stays with me much better than my cereal used to.  It's made me realize that I need to eat more protein in the morning than I was.  Will I get tired of eggs every morning, duh, but I'll have to find other things to do.  My aunt had this egg & chili puff recipe that is out of this world, and it's perfect for on the go.  I can just grab a piece and pop it in the microwave for a minute.  I think I'm going to make that next week.  It makes 12 servings, so I usually just make 1/2 of the recipe and I will have breakfast for a week! 

Lunch was again the same as yesterday (come to think of it, my whole day was...) so not much to say. 

My obstacles this weekend are just being in the bay area with my mom and brother Nick.  I tend to not do well around them.  We are going to be looking at apartments for them because they need to move by the end of the month.  So it'll be a busy weekend.

That's it from me for today.  I would like this to be a daily blog, but I'm thinking the weekends, at least for now, will be a little to hard to do.  So we'll see how that turns out!

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. You know what? Who cares if you eat eggs everyday! They are an amazing protein for you!! If you can make them lots of different ways, you're made! I can suggest that for protein, you can do just about anything with breakfast: Peanut Butter, eggs, almonds, cheese (I'm a fan of the string kind when I'm running late haha) slices of deli mean, yogurt... and that's only if you are one of those people that MUST eat breakfast food at breakfast time ! (I AM!)
    Plus with eggs, you can just add veggies or top with salsa for an all new flavor. Did you know that you can nuke an egg in about 30-40 seconds? I do mine for 30, then flip it over and do about 10 more. It's always the shape of the cup, but tastes just fine!!
    You're doing great!! Being on top of what you are eating is a great big step!! Great blog. Don't worry about daily if it'll burn you out! I do mine when I have a stroke of genius. I only promised to do it once a week!! :)
    High Five to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melanie! I am thinking about different egg recipes that I can bring with me. I like the nuking the egg idea! I know a friend of mine at work will scramble it in a mug and you nuke it for 15 seconds, stir it, and keep nuking and stiring until it's done.

    ReplyDelete