Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Car Searching on Sunday

Sunday was a little more adventuresome than Saturday.  My aunt and I met our cousin at a Starbucks near a couple of cars we were going to look at.  I must say, I hate Starbucks, sorry to all you Starbucks lovers out there, I'm just not a fan.  I grew up with a grandmother who was a die hard fan of Peet's Coffee since the very first one opened in Berkeley, then my mom became a dedicated fan (as well as her sister, not the one I live with), and now I am.  I'm not a big coffee drinker although I love their tea.  My favorite tea is their Black Currant Tea.  SOOOOOO good! Anyway, there aren't many around in Sacramento, so we met at Starbucks.  Plus I had a gift card (WHICH I FORGOT TO BRING WITH ME!)  But my cousin ended up treating me to a small iced tea, it was passion flavored (not a clue, so don't ask, tasted like cranberry...) I added a splenda and it wasn't bad.  My cousin hates Starbucks too.  He'll order a grande coffee in a venti cup and add a ton of half and half and sugar to it.  Anyway, I found what would have been the PERFECT 03' Prius, but there was no mention if the battery has been changed recently, and they had no clue (for the record, that's the first question most people ask on hybrids, just sayin') so we figured, either they didn't care to find out, or they were beating around the bush so we looked at some other cars in the area, but no luck.  I'm sure I'll find something eventually.  It's been a great learning experience for me I must say!
Okay, enough of my rant!

We didn't get home until 2, so I had left over Chicken and rice for lunch. I added a little splenda to the chicken and it helped immensely! I may make something similar next time but adding orange juice instead of chicken broth or at least a combination of the two.  I got these mini semisweet chocolate bars at TJ's (we stopped in there for a second because it was in the same shopping center as the Starbucks we met at) and they are only 2 pp for 1 bar or 5 pp for 3!  They are really good, and I'm totally okay with one. 
I continued to work on my closet, and took a nap (not a nap taker but I felt okay when I woke up) did more work on my closet and was left with the little things that you have no idea what to do with.  As I was working on that, I watched a couple of movies.  I watched Sweet Home Alabama, which I haven't watched in quite a while.  Then I put on Daniel's Daughter, which is a Hallmark movie I really liked.  I'm a sucker for anything Irish related.  I forgot the Grammy's were on and I wanted to see the opening because it was a tribute to Aretha Franklin and I'm a big Christina Aguilera fan, so I  wanted to see her performance, I liked the other singers too.  It was a great performance, but the end was annoying to me, just 5 divas trying to out do each other.  It was kind of funny.  Well, that's the end of my "adventurous" weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment