Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mardi-Gras, Weigh-In Day & Sunday Recap

Have you ever had one of those days where you just have no energy?  I have those a little too often.  I know I need to get my lazy butt moving more.  I actually tried to do a 30 minute medium difficulty workout on EA Active and not even 1/2 way through it the batteries died in my heart rate monitor.  You can't play the game without them, and I didn't have any AAA batteries!  I couldn't believe it!  I started using my weights instead of the cheap resistance band they give you and I actually really like using the weights much much better.  I feel it more and the bands chafe my hands, not to mention they are just awkward to use.  I will need to use them for a couple of exercises I think but for most I'm glad I can use my weights. 
Continuing from our movie night, on Sunday we woke up around 7 and went to breakfast at the Pancake House in Rocklin which has the best pancakes called 49er Flapjacks (again I was dork and forgot to take a picture!) they are these MASSIVE yet thin pancakes.  They give you 3 plate sized pancakes.  They are like Swedish pancakes in that they are very thin.  They are SO good!  I ordered a side of fresh fruit and an egg for protein and didn't eat the whole thing so I was proud of myself.  I only ate the egg whites, and not even all of them because they undercooked it!  I HATE runny egg whites.  So gross!  I usually get a poached egg and don't ask me why I didn't this time!  I forgot!
Anyway, after breakfast, we left our cousins to go back to Sacramento.  We stopped at the weekly Farmer's Market in downtown Sacramento under the freeway, then we went to mass at the Cathedral where my boss's boss is one of the main cantors.  She has an amazing voice.  After that, we decided to take a drive into Davis to see their new TJ's.  It's nice.  Really, once you've seen one TJ's, you've seen them all, but I like Davis and I want to see more of it so I can get the lay of the land in case I move there, if I can afford it anyway.  Definitely a college town.  Most of the people in there were college students, you could just tell! And I'm guessing at least 90% of the employees were college students as well.
After that, we finally got home, and Rusty was not happy with us that we went away leaving him alone for the night.  He soon forgot about that after we have him some much needed attention.
The rest of the day was dedicated to studying and putting things away.
Tuesday, I brought my typical egg and toast with me for breakfast.  I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch because I don't like to eat anything too heavy so I don't gain water weight before my weigh in, which ended up being a 2 pound gain.  But that's okay, it  could have been much worse!
I cannot believe today is Mardi Gras!  Lent is tomorrow!  Holy cow! I'm celebrating by going to Hungry Bear for dinner with my aunt after our WW meeting.  I've been craving a burger and their barbecue burger is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment