Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ash Wednesday

Today is the official start of lent...  As you can see, I went to mass this morning.  (Don't ask me what was going on with my hair!) I got a nice big fat black cross on my forehead.  And everyone was staring at me today!  Of course it HAD to be the day of our monthly meeting so the whole office noticed I was the only one that went to mass.  :)  Oh joy!  Ha ha!  I only kid though.  I'm glad I went.  For Lent I am giving up junk food, candy, and I am going to say some prayer everyday. I heard a priest say one time that you should think more about what you can do instead of what you can't do during lent, and I thought that was a good idea.  Actually, I think that priest just became a bishop in San Francisco...  Anyway!
For breakfast I just had a 1/4 cup of low fat granola.  I wasn't very hungry and I was running late to get to mass at 7, so I didn't have time to make my breakfast.
For a snack, I had a sheet of Ak-Mak crackers, a mozzarella sun-dried tomato laughing cow cheese wedge (say that 3 times fast!), and an orange after our 1 1/2 hour monthly meeting.

We had our monthly appreciation lunch (instead of breakfast this time) and it was El Pollo Loco which I could have worked with.  I could have had a chicken breast and a couple of tortillas with some guac and salsa and been pretty good, but I forgot that it's a no meat day for Catholics, so I brought an Amy's Vegetable Lasagna with me.

I did go in and sneak a couple of tortillas with a little sour cream and guacamole.  I'm not a huge fan of guacamole, but theirs is really good! 
After work, I headed over to Roseville for an appointment.  I had an hour or so to kill before the appointment, so I went over to TJ's which was just down the street.  I needed to get a few things for a new recipe I am going to make tonight.  It's Sechwan Peanut Noodles.  It looks really good!  So I'll have to post pictures and let you know how it comes out.
When I got home I was starving!  I ended up sauteing the mushrooms I had, heated up a mini whole wheat pita (split in 1/2) with 2 slices of light Havarti cheese melted on top.  I threw the sauteed mushrooms onto the pitas and had a mock mushroom taco/mini pizzas whatever you choose to call it!  It was extremely filling because I sauteed 2 containers of the mushrooms!
Anyway, that was my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment