Friday, February 11, 2011

2-Day Update

Sorry I'm posting this late.  I forgot to add my pictures last night so I had to wait until I got home tonight to get them posted.  So this will be an extra long 2-day post.  I didn't have the  greatest day at work yesterday.  Not food wise, just work.  It's over now and I'm hoping next week is a better week. 

So for Thursday's Recap- I had the same as Wednesday, an egg sandwich with mini sausages and cuties.  (I'm so adventurous aren't I?!) I didn't bother taking pictures because why would you want to see the same thing over again? 

I had the left over breakfast sandwich from Panera from the day before for lunch.  I added a tablespoon of TJ's Jalapeno Pub cheese and it added a little kick to the sandwich.  I brought lettuce for a salad with me but I wasn't feeling it.  As I said, not the best day for me.

Here's the adventurous part of my day.  I ended up staying an hour overtime to catch up on some things at work and when I got home, I made this quick cook bean soup.  It was a mix I bought at Nugget and I used their recipe as a guideline but I ended up doing my own thing.  I added one very large onion diced fine, 2 diced carrots, 2 diced celery stalks (I ate the rest of it, hey it was 0 points and I was starving!), garlic (I am Italian you know!), and a can of tomato sauce (instead of pushing tomatoes through a sieve like the directions said, who does that?!) and probably twice the amount of chicken broth they called for (2 boxes).  It took a lot longer than they said for it to cook but it tasted pretty good.  I don't think I like the black eyed peas in it though.  They took way longer to cook than the rest of the smaller beans/lentils/grains so they stayed a little crunchy in the soup.  Luckily there aren't many of them, but if they were out of the mix, I'd like it a WHOLE lot better!  It's 4 pp for 10 servings, and since I was too tired to measure, I'm guessing that's more than a cup because it was a huge pot and that pot usually makes 12 cups with less in it.  So I'm counting 4 pp but having more of it.  I'm sure it'll be filling.  I didn't end up eating that for dinner though because I was hungry before then, so I reheated the other 1/2 of those killer sweet potato gnocchi and picked on those while I was cooking.  After that, I crashed.  I was too tired, but hey, for the first time in I don't know how long, I slept through the night.

Okay after that throw-up of words, onto Friday.  Work was much better.  I think I got all of my frustrations out the day before so I feel better. Breakfast was similar to the 2 days before except I got this sourdough whole wheat bread from TJ's.  I toasted a slice and put 1 tablespoon of the pub cheese on it then the egg on top of that.  It was SOOO good!  I am a sourdough nut.  This was dry, but good for toast which I have bread for anyway. 

I went for another walk around 10:30.  It was nice to get some fresh air.  Then had my morning snack of 2 cheddar cheese squares and TJ's social snackers.   I have some small trays that used to belong to my grandmother.  Each one looks different, and I just thought they were really neat.  They definitely remind me of my childhood!
I had a bowl of the bean soup for lunch and I'm happy to say that the black eyed peas softened up overnight.  I also had a 1/2 pineapple sausage and salad.  I added my mandarins to the salad to make it more than just lettuce.   I just freeking love my new plate!  You'll begin to learn how much of a Disney geek I am!

When I got home I saw blooms on our plum tree.  Oh joy, allergy season is starting early! Yay for me!  I must say though, it's very pretty at this time of the year.
I immediately started cooking 2 new recipes from Weight Watchers.  Orange Chinese Chicken, 5 pp, and easy fried rice, 4pp.  I also roasted a head of cauliflower I bought and I ate most of the whole head.  The beauty of having free vegetables!
It doesn't look pretty, I should stop taking my pictures with my iPod.  Maybe some of them depending on the lighting, but I have a much nicer camera I can take pictures with!  Anyway, the fried rice was good, the cauliflower was fantastic, the chicken was okay.  Not nearly as good as I thought it'd be. 

After taking a long time to clean up my mess, I watched my nexflix movie, Despicable Me.  WAY WAY WAY better than I thought it'd be.  It was really cute!  Definitely going to get when it's on sale.  Well that's it from me for this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment