Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Still feeling kind of crappy, but it's not getting worse, so I'm just going to keep an eye on things, and hopefully it will go away!

I had my green on today as you can see below!  I had my Celtic cross with Connemara marble in it, my Connemara marble earrings with sterling silver shamrocks, my huge Connemara marble & shamrock ring (it takes up 1/3 of my finger!), my claddagh ring, and my Irish merino wool sweater that I only wore going into work because it was cold outside, but that is a very warm sweater!








Of course I had to play my Celtic play list, and put my little Danny Boy music box next to it as well!

As you can see, I love St. Patrick's Day. It's my second favorite holiday only to Christmas, and it's close!  I would love to go out and do something, but 1, I'm not feeling great, and 2 I don't have anyone to go out with.

So onto my day.  Breakfast was yet again, the chili egg puff muffins, toast with butter and jam, and an orange.

Lunch was the last bit of my lasagna. Then they had to have some big meeting at our office today and I could smell the barbecue they got for the lunch!  A little while later I nabbed some left over coleslaw, a couple of bits of potato salad (too salty for me, almost smoky tasting, didn't like it!) and a bite of baked beans that I wasn't crazy about.
Around noon we saw one of the wild turkeys out in the back of our building.  He had his feathers completely fluffed out and he was kind of acting disoriented.  I think there was another turkey nearby so I don't know if it's mating season or what.  But he was huge!


Dinner, my aunt got us corned beef and cabbage with carrots, potatoes, and cornbread from Carol's restaurant just down the street for us!  I love their corned beef and cabbage!  Yum!  I look forward to this every year! They do have it every Thursday though, so I could have it every now and then if I feel like it!  Totally worth the points which weren't bad at all.  I only ate 1/2 of the meat, there was one small red potato, and I did scarf down that cornbread muffin but it was TOTALLY worth having!

No comments:

Post a Comment