Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thank GOD It's Friday!

Well, 2 meatless Fridays down 4 more to go!  It's not that hard anyway, at least now it isn't.  It used to be when I was younger, but I like a lot more now than I used to.

I had the last 2 chili egg puffs and toast for breakfast.  Don't ask me why, I swear I took a picture, but I guess I didn't because it wasn't on my camera.  You've all seen it before anyway, so I'll just leave it at that! 

Honestly, with this cold, I haven't had much of an appetite, so I've been trying to take advantage of that.  For lunch, I went out with my good friend from work to Black Bear Diner and had the California Omelet with egg substitute instead of whole eggs,(avocado on the side for my friend, I'm not a big fan) and I chose wheat toast and home red potatoes.  Next time I'll just get fruit instead of potato and have the toast.  Again, forgot to take a picture.  It was a big plate and I really could have eaten less than I did.  I could have been a whole lot worse though...  So, it's a start!

When I got home, my aunt and I went to run some errands.  We picked up medicine for Rusty, then went over to Nordstrom to say hi to her other Goddaughter.  (I'm one of 4 I believe) Then we went to Whole Foods which I've been dying to do!  I got a lot of new things there including chia seeds, quinoa (which I've had before, just never cooked before), kale (to make kale chips), sprouted wheat bread, and a few other things.  I also got a book there to help me learn more about healthy foods and new things I can try.  I really want to eat healthier. 

When we got home I heated up a salmon pre-made meal they had at Whole Foods.  It had a piece of salmon, jasmine rice, and green beans.  It was really good.  I wouldn't get it very often for the 12 bucks it cost though!  But in a pinch and on occasion...
As you can see, I started eating before taking the picture...  I don't know what was with me, it's probably this cold!  I can't wait for it to go away!

Rusty really wanted some too!  I gave him a couple of little flakes a little later on.
By that time it must have been at least 9 pm.  I never eat that late.  But as I mentioned, I didn't have much of an appetite. 

My to do list this weekend is just studying, resting, and planning out my meals for the next couple of weeks.  G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment