Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Weigh-In and Wednesday Recap

Tuesday's meeting was interesting.  We talked about struggles with food, and hearing all of these people talk about sometimes feeling deprived sometimes made me feel more normal.  I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.  This isn't an easy journey, but it will make me stronger as I go along.  I ended up losing 1.5 pounds over the week.  I think it would have been a little more but I think I ate something that was a little too salty and I ended up retaining some water.  If that's the case, it should just show next week. I know that was quick for Tuesday, but I don't have all that much to talk about over the last couple of days.
Today, I had 2 chili egg puff muffins and 1/2 english cucumber.  I had bread for toast but when I took it out of the foil it was wrapped in, I discovered that it was moldy, so no bread for me.  I ended up eating 1 sheet of Ak-Mak crackers, and that with the eggs and cucumber really helped me stay full until noon!
I must admit I'm feeling kind of crappy today.  I don't know if I'm coming down with something or what.  It could be allergies, but I took an allergy pill last night and it usually helps me get through the next day, and I really haven't felt well all day.  So I'm just trying to take it easy today and rest as much as I can. 
For lunch, I had left over lasagna, but forgot to take a picture of it...  Oops!  You saw it though, so you know what it looks like!
When I got home I heated up a can of chicken brother and cooked 2 oz. orzo pasta in it.  Once that was done, I added 1 tablespoon of grated pecorino romano.  When I'm not feeling well, I tend to go for brother & orzo pasta because it's what my mom used to make for me when I was sick growing up. 
While eating that, I watched the newest episode of Ruby, and I was surprised to see that, I notice a lot of similarities in her. Seeing her go through all of these letters from her past and trying to remember things from her past just made me think of myself growing up.  Anyway, I'm not getting into that!  I'm going to rest now and hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment