Friday, March 25, 2011

Meatless Friday #3

Wow, it's Friday already!  This has been quite the week for rain!  The river by us is so high right now!  It's scary!  I know I'm repeating myself, but it is!!!

I don't think I mentioned that my aunt left yesterday with a friend of her's to go to San Diego for the weekend.  Normally when she's gone and I'm there, Rusty drives me insane and won't let me sleep, but I actually slept for the most part last night.  I did have a bizarre dream though, but I can't remember what it was... 

Anyway, I got myself and my breakfast and lunch ready for the day, then headed off to work.  I've been trying to clean up my room and the bathroom because my mom is coming up for the weekend.  When I got off the freeway and to my street, I noticed that everyone had to turn that way because the road between my street and the next one (this is the road next to the river) was blocked, and there were cops there and everything.  I thought it was because they were worried about flooding or something, but it turns out someone's car fell into the river!  I don't know if anyone was hurt or what happened, but I hope everyone was okay...

Breakfast was my normal egg and toast with a banana.  I didn't end up eating the banana because it looked really gnarley in the middle.  I HATE browned bananas.  I tried to cut off the dark areas on the outside, but the middle was dark too! Ewww!!!!!  I better freeze the last 2 at home so I can make banana bread or something with them.

I needed some caffeine so I grabbed my teapot and put some of Peet's Black Currant Tea.  Mmmmm!!!  LOVE IT!

Isn't this such a cute cozy?  My mom gave this to me!
I had more yogurt with the nut, seed, and dried fruit mix, and honey.
I also snacked on some carrots until lunch time.

I had an appointment at lunch so it I at my lunch while working.  I just threw together leftover pinto beans, brown rice, and a little shredded cheese.  I didn't think it was going to be that great, but it was fantastic!  It tasted like the inside of a bean and cheese burrito. I added salsa and light sour cream and mixed it all together.  Didn't look that appetizing but very good!

Only thing is I only had 7 pp for dinner...  When I got home from work, I took out my towels from the dryer and started folding.  Rusty of course had to make sure I was doing it right!
My mom got to the house shortly after I did.  We were both starving so we went straight to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  I was good and had salmon with brown rice and steamed broccoli.  Yuuummm!  I only had less than 1/2 of the huge mound of rice they put on my plate!
I also had a piece of their wheat bread they bring out to the table that I LOVE!  I just forgot to take a picture...  Oops!  I'm still getting used to this!

Anyway, after dinner, we walked through Nordstrom, and some of our favorite stores, then headed home since we were pretty tired.  Now I better get to bed so we can prepare for the big pizza day tomorrow! G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment