Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Breakfast Kind of Day...

After my weigh in yesterday, I felt quite a bit better about myself.  I didn't have anything planned for breakfast so I just fried up an egg, grabbed an english muffin and an asian pear (looks like a yellow apple), and threw my lunch in a container and headed off to work.

When I got to work, I immediately toasted up my english muffin and grabbed some water and tea.  I really like Thomas's English Muffins for an egg sandwich.  The light wheat ones are 3 points which I think most whole wheat ones are, but I love the old fashioned nooks and crannies.  I added a teaspoon of butter and it was fantastic!  I added the pear for bulk and a serving of fruit.
The pear?  Not so much...  I was expecting the texture of a pear.  Well, it was juicy like a pear but had more of an apple texture.  Tastewise I'm sorry to say it was all wrong...  I'll stick with regular pears thank you very much!
So, to make sure I had some fruits and vegetables today, I snacked on carrots.
Two reasons to just make your own?  They taste better and they're cheaper!  These were all dried out, but it was a hunger purchase I hate to say...
Around 10:30, I started my Walk-It Challenge with a 10 minute walk.
It was supposed to rain today...  Guess Mother Nature didn't know!  Fine with me!!!
It's definitely Spring!  And it's not the weather or the blooming flowers or the trees.  My allergies told me so!  Thank God I went to Target to get my prescriptions yesterday because it looked like they got a fresh batch of Zyrtec that day.  I immediately asked for the big box because I knew they'd be out soon!  Plus, it's cheaper per pill...
Gee, I can't wait until May when my asthma tells me that it's my favorite month of the year! (Please note there is sarcasm in that last sentence!) I must say, my iPod Touch takes some decent pictures...  Not too shabby!  I didn't want to lug my camera with me on my walk. Gotta love technology!  If you would have told me 15-20 years ago that you could not only store thousands of songs, movies, books, and games(and apps, etc) on one tiny little devise, but also take pictures with it, I would have suggested you go to a mental clinic!
I ate my lunch early and I'm glad I did because I ended up having to take a late lunch in order to finish a big last minute rush renewal before lunch!  Oh yay!  (Yes, more sarcasm.) My aunt made a barley bake that has ground turkey, beans, salsa, cheese, bell peppers, barley, and a few other ingredients in it.  She learned the recipe at a Whole Foods class a few years ago.  It was from a former Weight Watchers leader and when she made it the first time we loved it!  For some reason I don't remember it tasting like it did this time but it was still kick ass!  I topped it with a generous amount of sour cream.  I probably went a little overboard...  Oops!
I knew I wasn't going to be home until around 7 tonight because of my bi-monthly appointment so I ate my yogurt snack at 3:30.  It helped.  I was still starving by the time I got home, but I was able to handle it.
Yay, Nugget carries local honey!  I hope that helps some with my allergies.
When I got to Roseville after work, I did my ritual TJ's stop before the appointment to get some essentials.  I didn't need much, so I just kind of wandered around.  I ended up trying their fish sticks.  They were okay.  I counted a point to be on the safe side.
When I got home, I decided I wanted breakfast for dinner.  I quickly whipped together a serving of Kodiac Cakes ( I really like them!  They are easy to make too!) but this time, making a blueberry syrup instead of mixing it into the batter. I heated up 1/2 cup of blueberries (for a serving of fruit), 1 tablespoon of real maple syrup (I can't believe how different real tastes from the fake stuff!  Wow!), a packet of splenda, and a tiny pinch of salt.  After heating up the pancakes.  (I made tiny ones to make it feel like I had more.)  I scrambled 2 eggs with salt, pepper, and some snipped chives (I made a mistake and took my eyes off of it so it got a little browned...  Again, oops! Mini Shannon Moment!) I heated up 2 slices of pre-cooked bacon, sliced up an orange.  All this food for 10 pp!  Gotta love the free fruit!
I had to add a squirt of ketchup.  I never thought I'd like ketchup on my eggs, but God help me, I do!

After dinner and a quick clean up, I hopped in the shower and now I'm ready for bed.

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment