Thursday, April 21, 2011

Casual Day

We got a casual day at work today so it was nice to be able to have 2 "jeans days" as we call them.  I had my yearly review at work and I'm glad it's over with!  It wasn't bad, I just get stressed with those things.  I worked on starting to organize here at work and set up a system for my various projects.  I like organizing, but when something is a huge mess (not at work, this is more for my room) it's too overwhelming to me and I have so much crap that I don't have places to put everything!  I have my entire life in one bedroom...

Anyway, when I got home I started roasting some carrots and a half of a fennel bulb.

It tossed them with 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.  I roasted it in the oven at 400 but I may try 450 next time to get them a little darker.  I cooked it for around 30 minutes but I don't know for sure because the timer battery kept dying and never ended up buzzing!  Oh well!

This picture is of the vegetables raw.  I am not a fan of black licorice but I like a mild licorice flavor in something like this with the fennel or in biscotti with anise in it but I still can't get into the strong flavor of licorice itself...

Okay, time to get to cleaning up!  My mom and Nick are coming up for Easter tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment