Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Shenanigans

I'm just going to go ahead and lump the weekend into one post. 

Saturday we got a late start, we were planning on going to the Earth Day fair at the city hall where my mom lives but we didn't get out until after it closed down!  Oh well, next year!  So we headed off to the mall to relive our high school days.  We just went through a few stores including Cost Plus, Hot Topic, and Torrid (where I went nuts!)




I got a white button up top, a set of bracelets, 2 sets of earrings, and a ring (Jean got a matching ring!) and 1/2 of that stuff of on clearance.  And when I mean I went nut there, I didn't used to like Torrid that much, but their clothes have gotten cuter to me...  I like the fact that they have actual good looking clothes for overweight people.  What a freeking concept!!!  I tried on a couple of dresses and a pair of jeans I liked too but didn't get them because I'm trying to set a budget and I'm still not sure about dresses on me.  Maybe I'll like them when I'm 50 pounds lighter then I am now.

When we finished up in the mall, we were planning on going to my favorite Chinese restaurant but Jean wasn't feeling all that well, so we stayed at the apartment while my mom and Nick went to get a burger at a local restaurant and they just brought us something back.  She also picked up Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 for me since I was planning on getting it and we watched it that night.

Sunday, we went to Pasta Pomodoro for lunch. I got chicken Marsala pasta and it came with minestrone soup. It was all really good.  I ate about 1/2 of the pasta because it was rich and the soup helped fill me up too.

After that we went to Stanford Shopping Center and walked around a little there.  I got some make up from Benefit, then we walked over to Pottery Barn and you have to walk around Abercrombie and Fitch in order to get there so as I'm walking towards Abercrombie, Jean is going Shannon what are you doing?!  Shannon!  Stop! Shannon!!!  Stop! Then I turned by it and she had this look of relief on her face.  It was quite hilarious!  We HATE that store!



Anyway, once we were done in the mall, we went back to the apartment, packed up our stuff, rested a bit, then left to go back to our homes.  All in all it was a great weekend!  It was so nice to see our friends after all that time!  We have decided since Jean lives closer to me now, we'll get together more often.  And whenever she can get to the bay area, I'll bring her down so we can both get a chance to socialize.  We are both not very strong in that department, and until I find friends here (at least out of work) I'm going to try to get together with them more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment