Wednesday, January 19, 2011

TJ's Kind of Day

Well, I got my EA Active 2 set up and did my first workout last night when I got home.  I thought I could get it set up before going to Weight Watchers, but the workout went longer than I expected so I missed Weight Watchers...  I liked the format for EA Active but 1/2 way through the workout, the heart rate monitor stopped tracking my heart rate.  It couldn't find my heart rate and that was frustrating.  I hope that nothing is wrong with it because I don't want to have to worry about returning the whole thing and waiting for them to send me another one...  I'm going to look at their website to see if I can reset it some way. Other than that, I liked that I felt more of a workout than with Wii Fit.  There are a lot of different exercises and they have 3 and 9 week fitness goals which is nice.  I'm starting out with a 3 week training session to see how I do.  They also have levels of experience and since I'm out of shape, I thought I'd start with beginner.  Another nice feature is that you can track your progress online on their website. 

I had scrambled eggs (1 egg & 1 egg white), a piece of toast and bacon for breakfast and the amazing thing to me is that it was only 6 PP for the whole thing!  Very satisfying too!  I had 1 cup of TJ's Organic Creamy Tomato Soup, 8 Social Snackers, and blueberries for my morning snack.

I had the Chicken Satay skewers and some of the peanut sauce I got both from TJ's.  The Chicken Satay was pretty good, but the peanut sauce wasn't peanuty enough for me.  I added about 1/4 tsp of peanut butter to what I had in my rice to make it a tad more peanuty.  After I use up the sauce, I'll have to try finding a recipe to make my own. I didn't really have high expectations for them because I microwaved the chicken instead of heating it in a skillet (I am at work).  I'm sure they'd taste better if I cooked them at home instead but what can you do.  I had some ready cook brown rice with the chicken. I brought a big container of blueberries but I decided to save that for tomorrow. 

I had a bag of trail mix for a snack around 2:15 because I ended up taking a nap at lunch and I'm not a good nap taker so I felt rummy (as my mom says) and my mouth had a bad taste.

For dinner I ended up heating up the ready cooked pasta and turkey bolognese sauce I bought at TJ's.  I was starving and didn't get a chance to take a picture of it.

As you can see too, I haven't eating much fruit or vegetablewise...  I do have 3 points left for the day not that I have to count fruit of vegetables, but I'll have to go and look for something to fill up the rest of my requirements...

No comments:

Post a Comment