Monday, February 7, 2011

Upcoming Plan & Superbowl Recap

Happy Monday.  Blech!  In the words of Garfield, "I HATE MONDAYS!" Granted some are worse than others, but still!  I had a really busy weekend.  I spend Saturday looking at cars and only test drove 1.  Sunday we spent the whole day at my cousins house in El Dorado Hills watching the Superbowl.  We were rooting for the Packers because we are all big 49er fans and we didn't want the Steelers winning another superbowl!  :)  At the same time, I didn't really care who won.  We had a nice time laughing with the family.  We didn't get home until after 9! 

So I am yet again back to restarting.  Food plans for the week are still up in the air, but I do know that I want to make this bean/lentil soup from a mix I got.  It has a mixture of tiny beans and lentils in it.  I'm not going by the directions they gave though because 1, it's in grams and litres, and while I can convert and measure, I don't want to, so I'm going to do my own thing which is something I think I'm pretty good at.  At least most of the time anyway.  I'm just using the directions as a guide.  I'm going to saute an onion, garlic, carrots, maybe some celery but I don't know how that would turn out, add some tomato sauce and chicken broth, and I may throw in a ham hock for flavor and some protein, or maybe just straight ham.  I'm going to look at some recipes for ideas.  I also want to make this recipe I saw on Danica's Daily for a potsticker soup.  It has mini potstickers in it and if I can find these at my Trader Joe's on Wednesday, I'll make this soup, or at least my version of it since I do like putting my own spin on recipes.

I am so excited I got some new plates and bowls for work so I don't have to waste the plates in the kitchen at work.  All I need to do now is go to Marshalls or Ross and look for some individual utensils.  One of the plates I got has Mickey on it.  I saw some Disney ones in Target and knew I just HAD to get one!  I was going to take a picture of it when I had my breakfast but I wolfed that down so I'll have to try to take a picture of it with lunch.  We were supposed to have a meeting today but it got cancelled but the food for the meeting is still coming so my friend in our department and I are going to grab some food and go sit at a table outside for lunch.  The weather has been great so why waste it! 

I haven't planned much for other recipes but I'm going to look through my recipe books tonight when I get home and decide something so I can get my grocery shopping done on Tuesday and Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment